MP-Shop Decoration Management System 1.0
2016, e-Commerce, UX
MP was an online shop decoration management system for online retailers, it involved web browser and phone app shop decorations.
- Define information structure and main functions
- Page layouts and methods to managing them
- Define sizes of page widgets and interactions while positioning them
- Design the ways to add and manage contents for each widget
Before any tangible design work, I and the Product Manager researched about the target users and the form factors etc.
We found out that
- Most users decorate their shops on high-resolution computer screens, which excluded the ones who were still on web browsers under IE 9. It’d be more flexible for me to design mini-interactions.
- Mouse input is primary, the keyboard is supportive. Therefore we did not consider much on switches between mouse and keyboard inputs.
- The target users were familiar with Internet or hired computer operators, so the ones who have little computer knowledge were not in our scenarios.
This project went about a few months long, it was helpful that the communications between PM and I and developers were smooth.
The following shows the information architecture about the system.
Screenshots (original pics removed)